Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Bolivia
When I signed up to volunteer in the bustling tropical Bolivian city of Santa Cruz, the thought of learning just as much from the kids I was supposed to be mentoring had never crossed my mind. Fast forward to 11am … Continue reading
“Take a seat,” says the woman in charge of the unremarkable little whitewashed former school house. I lower myself into a fragile-looking, child-sized wooden chair. The curator smiles. “You are now sitting in the very spot where the revolutionary hero … Continue reading
It’s pitch black as we squat down in the swelteringly hot, dank mine shaft, 800 metres underground. The sound of hurried footsteps and panting break our nervous silence. “Put your fingers in your ears,” Choco screeches, with a disconcerting tone … Continue reading
The loud blare of the jeep horn sounds again into the cold, star-studded sky as we hastily try to down a boiling hot cup of coca mate (tea) and last mouthful of jam-covered pancake. García, our small group’s mainly mute … Continue reading
Jose has decided that driving around a narrow hairpin bend, above a sheer drop of half a kilometre on the ‘most dangerous road in the world’ is an appropriate time to tap out a text on his mobile phone. Perhaps … Continue reading