Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Colombia
Driving in Latin America is always fun, if sometimes mildly terrifying, and only the bravest of drivers should attempt it. I don’t really know why they bother having gears because they seem to go from first straight to fifth, beginning … Continue reading
Hands, nose and ears chilly after an hour-and-a-half hike through thick mud, babbling brooks and over bridges formed of giant laid-out tree trunks in the midst of Colombia’s beautiful Cocora Valley and I was, as ever, ready for a hot … Continue reading
I fear pool won’t quite cut it for me anymore, for I have experienced the incredible Colombian bar sport of Tejo… “There’s only one place in town where you can play it,” says our jovial hostel owner Hemmie. “But they … Continue reading
Unless I’m sleeping in it, I’m really not a big fan of the dark. And unless I’m hiding from a mass murderer I’m really not too fussed about confined spaces either. So being told that I have to crawl 20 … Continue reading
In the late 20th century the powers that be in Colombia decided to build a new transportation system in Bogotá to try make getting around a bit easier for the good folk living in this sprawling city and to reduce the pressure … Continue reading
“…And next up we have Muñeca, a gorgeous grey renowned for her speed and agility…” The baseball-capped commentator’s voice booms out through the microphone as the small crowd gathered around follow his gaze down towards the tarmac. A couple of metres … Continue reading