Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: bus
Years spent working outdoors in the glare of the Patagonian summer sun and braving icy winter gales have given the elderly man’s wrinkled skin a deep burnished caramel tan. Doffing his black grandpa cap in my direction, he eases himself … Continue reading
Hostels, hammocks, tents, floors, sofas, bus seats. That’s where we’ve been getting our night’s shut eye for the last nine months. We celebrated our 100th resting place and 262nd sleep on the road in a little cottage on Amantaní Island, Lake Titicaca. … Continue reading
My birthday began with a 6am wake up alarm and by 8am Sophie and I were aboard a bus headed to Fortaleza – a mere ten hours away. Brazilian bus riding is a fairly pleasant experience as it goes. The … Continue reading
“Let’s do it,” says Sophie. And that was as much as it took to rip up our carefully (ahem) budgeted itinerary and launch us on a 30-hour journey involving four different buses across three states of Brazil. An Argentinian couple … Continue reading
‘Bilhete,’ unhelpfully barks the ticket inspector for the third time. I am frantically going through the chaotic, but embarrassingly familiar, process of trying to find the baggage reclaim receipt handed to me just a few hours earlier when we boarded the bus from Ouro Preto. As always … Continue reading