Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
Monthly Archives: October 2011
As the fireworks begin, turning the all black Auckland sky into a dazzling celebration of colour, I feel a little alone. When I discovered that a little drinking hole in the Peruvian city of Arequipa was screening the Rugby World Cup … Continue reading
“Carga, carga,” beg Dario, his brother Diego and their cousin Katy in unison. It’s time for the daily dilemma… Who gets the piggy back to the gravel road? “Come on then Katy,” I decide, mainly because she looks like she’s … Continue reading
Driving in Latin America is always fun, if sometimes mildly terrifying, and only the bravest of drivers should attempt it. I don’t really know why they bother having gears because they seem to go from first straight to fifth, beginning … Continue reading
Covered in sequins and sashes, Miss Brazil’s pearly whites gleam in the mid-afternoon sunshine bathing the Pacific coastal Peruvian city of Trujillo. One of a dozen lucky lasses chosen as a queen in this year’s Primevera (Spring) procession through the … Continue reading