Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
Monthly Archives: February 2011
The young boy straddling his moped takes a drag from a hand-made cigarette and eyes us intently, his baseball cap pulled low and a gold chain glinting around his neck in the 30 degree Rio sun… Far from being a … Continue reading
It was gone one in the morning when we arrived at Lapa to join tens of thousands of Rio revellers for the biggest party in town. Every street as far as our drunkenly bleary eyes could see was crammed with … Continue reading
Freedom! We were beginning to think we’d always be left on the shelf, scrubbing away day in and day out at the same sink… That’s no place for toothbrushes with dreams of seeing the bathrooms of the world. Thank God … Continue reading
Nine thousand kilometres, four movies and several head-jerky naps and we have finally arrived in Rio… Stumbling bleary-eyed through customs with our hefty backpacks in tow, the vision of Diego the driver clutching a sign bearing our names was a welcome … Continue reading
My name’s Phil and I’m a last-minute-panic-rucksack-buyer. There I’ve said it. Damn… Publicly admitting my rash behaviour is not making me feel any better. If I become an alcoholic there’ll be no helping me. Mind you I do feel like drowning my … Continue reading