Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Hand gestures of Brazil...
- Peru's floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca
- Hanging out at one of the World's only sloth sanctuaries
- Drugs, dirt and danger: A glimpse at Rio's shadier half
- A National Treasure: Trekking in Chapada Diamantina
- Is a diet of guinea pig, Amazonian frogs legs and snake juice the key to longevity?
- We've been sleeping around way too much this year – hello bed number 100
- Stormtroopers, Lady Godiva and 30,000 samba dancers
- Plundering pirates of Paraty
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Arequipa
We borrowed a camcorder to tell the story of a little Peruvian school that is trying to give youngsters living in a shanty town a better chance in life. Advertisements
Foot soaked in blood, devil horns flashing above the rugby grazes on my forehead I look every inch a frightening Halloween monster. But unfortunately the deep red stuff running across my right sole isn’t fake, it’s oozing from a real … Continue reading
Christina Aguilera and Leonardo DiCaprio strike a pose in their special outfits – a princess costume for her and a swish tux for him – before digging into the beautifully decorated chicken liver cake placed on the table before them. … Continue reading
As the fireworks begin, turning the all black Auckland sky into a dazzling celebration of colour, I feel a little alone. When I discovered that a little drinking hole in the Peruvian city of Arequipa was screening the Rugby World Cup … Continue reading
“Carga, carga,” beg Dario, his brother Diego and their cousin Katy in unison. It’s time for the daily dilemma… Who gets the piggy back to the gravel road? “Come on then Katy,” I decide, mainly because she looks like she’s … Continue reading