Phil Vinter and Sophie Cross are a couple of journalists taking a little jaunt through Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and anywhere else the wind takes them!
Search by keyword
Top Posts & Pages
- Fire and Water in lovely Lima
- "Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty..."
- Dune running in the dark at the driest desert on Earth
- Zig-zagging through the vineyards of Mendoza...
- Bikes and booze in Bariloche
- A poetic trip up Route 40
- The Hands of Time
- Travelling lesson 264: Never hire hiking boots
- The giant-sized iced gems of Perito Moreno
- A quick picnic at the "End of the World"
Countries on the toothbrush travels
Latest travelling toothbrush photos
Calendar of blog posts
August 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Uruguay
“Rich aromas of pine and oak with hints of treacle and cinnamon gently coming through to caress and tickle the back of one’s throat,” salivates the pretentious Swiss woman.
Eyes transfixed on Sophie’s mesmerized gaze, a frightened animal is breathing fast. A dark-featured cowboy clad in dirty black boots and a beige felt hat is battling to prise apart the struggling five-day-old calf’s hind legs. Finally the grappling stops and … Continue reading
As if he were King of the Atlantic, the gigantic, beefy creature eyes us loftily, his head and neck – hidden somewhere under masses of brown blubber – stretched up towards the blue sky. Without taking his eyes off the … Continue reading